HOW IT WORKS
It might seem scary to send off your precious patchwork, I totally get it! That's why I've made it easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Email or call me to discuss your desired design, the size of your quilt and thread color.
2. Follow the quilt preparation guidelines below.
3. Pop that quilt in the mail or meet me locally, and you leave the rest up to me!
QUILT TOP PREP
• Press quilt top well. Make sure all seams are pressed flat.
• Trim all excess thread; excess thread can cause snags while quilting.
• Keep backing and top separate (do not baste or pin).
• Cut your backing at least 4 inches larger than your top on all sides. For example, if your quilt measures 60 x 72 inches, your backing should be AT LEAST 68 x 80 inches. This is a super important step, y'all!
• When seaming back, cut two pieces of fabric the same size and pin before sewing together to prevent stretching.
• If your back has a top and bottom, please mark with a piece of paper attached with a safety pin.
• Be sure to attach borders properly. Make your quilt fit your borders instead of your borders fitting the quilt.
• Measure for your borders through the center of your quilt in three places, and cut your borders to match these lengths. Take the average if they aren't the same measurement.
• Then mark both the border strip and the quilt edge in 8ths. Match the marks and ease the quilt into the borders.